What we collect
When you access and browse the website and use the services via it, including when you submit information to us through data fields, we may collect the following personal information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
What we do with the information we gather
We (or our third party data processors acting on our behalf) may use your personal information listed above to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Improving our products and services.
- Where you have given us your consent, periodically sending promotional or informational emails about Porta Communications PLC and our products and services which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
- Where you have given us your consent, disclosing your personal information to carefully chosen third parties so that they may contact you with products and services which they think may interest you.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use your personal information to customise the website and provide you with content that is tailored to you, according to your interests.
Any information provided by you to us, which is not personal information including but not limited to market information, feedback, questions, comments and customer surveys shall be deemed to be non-confidential. We shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information we collect online. However no transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed to be totally secure and therefore we cannot ensure or warrant the security of personal information that you transfer over the internet to us.
Our website uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. We do not use cookie technology to collect personal information about you.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Please note that if you do this it may prevent you from taking full advantage of the functionality of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee specified by law will be payable. If you would like a copy of the personal information held on you please write to Porta Communications PLC, 33 King William Street, London EC4R 9AS.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal information, please contact us at the above address or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.